Community, Land and Business Plan
The Community, Land and Business Plan is a 5 year strategic document, developed in consultation with our members. It sets objectives, goals, and details the strategies we will use to achieve these.
Although the production of this document is a mandatory requirement under the Aboriginal Land Rights Act (1983), we find our CLBP invaluable to planning and goal setting, keeping communication lines open with our community and understanding the true objectives of our members. It serves to give staff the freedom and autonomy to proceed without reservation, to bring the agreed upon objectives, goals and strategies to fruition.
The objectives for the LALC over the next five years are to:
- Improve cultural knowledge and preserve cultural sites
- Support Aboriginal Interagency and advocacy Health access
- Improve access to suitable housing
- Achieve and maintain good corporate governance and financial management
- Develop a community benefit scheme
- Increase land holdings and development opportunities